Search This Blog

Friday 11 February 2011

OUR OBSESSION WITH THE PHENOMENON THAT IS JAMES BLAKE...

OK so there may be some sarcastic tones in that title but like most websites in the world Vice have given their thoughts on the new face of some never before heard music genre....
james


Hi. I am James Blake.


That’s right.

James.

Bl.
Bl.

Blaaaa.
…aaaaaake’s the name, lengthy, inconveniently positioned silences is the game. And what a fun game it is – after all, everybody loves getting Jamie Lidell round theirs to do the hoovering on a Saturday night and then making him croon while he absorbs a volley of sporadic taser blasts to his diaphragm, right? I first became inspired to make music after learning to speak French on an audio cassette. They’d be all like: ‘Ecoutez et repetez.’ Then they’d say a phrase. And there’d be like a three second gap. And so I thought: wouldn’t it be great to make a whole album like this, with massive gaps between all the phrases? I guess what I’m really saying is that when you listen to my eponymous debut album, you’re learning how to speak the language of me

Read more at:
http://www.viceland.com/music/2011/02/behind-the-music-with-james-blake/

2 comments: